What top 5 things will you do to prepare your home for the winter season?
Have the ToolBox TomGirl’s crew put in new weatherstripping and caulking around windows and doors. I would do it myself but I’d rather watch them do it. :o)
We WILL be doing it soon for you. Can’t wait to get back to working on your “To Do” list.
In no particular order:
1. Turn off the water to outside hose taps and drain them to prevent freezing.
2. Clean out the gutters of any leaves that built up during the fall.
3. Clean lawn mower and drain out gas
4. Put in poles to mark the driveway in case of heavy snow (if necessary).
5. Get the furnace and chimney checked.
Thomas – you got one on me. I never thought about the poles on the driveway. Let’s hope we don’t have that much snow again this year. I was out fixing roofs during those two snow storms. It was not fun and I hope people don’t have those kinds of repairs again this winter. One of my blogs was about keeping your roof and overhangs clear of snow. I am going to add your advice to that so that I keep it in mind for furture reference. Thanks.
I also like your note about the lawn mower. Good idea.
Comments are closed.
Be a ToolBox TomGirl
Click HERE to sign-up for our free eNewsletter and get The 25 Top Tips Every ToolBox TomGirl Should Know
Website Design Maintained by Graphic Beans
Copyright 2017 ToolBox TomGirl