Talks that Transfix
Jo Ellen Soesbee is sought-after speaker and teacher who consistently captivates her audiences through hands-on experiences, as well as through her personal story of what its like to be a woman in the construction industry, and a woman in business in general.
She is an adjunct faculty member at Anne Arundel Community College, presenting classes on basic home repair, and has been invited to speak at high schools, community-based organizations, industry associations and more.
Here are just a few of the topics Jo Ellen has presented and groups she’s served:
- The Tools Every Woman Needs to Get the Job Done
- Climbing the Construction Ladder – How to Survive and Thrive in a Man’s World
- Disasters and Dilemmas: Miscellaneous 911 Home Repair Calls
- How to Change Your Life Mid-Stream
- Basic Home Repair Clinic for Women
- Basic Drywall, Electric, or Plumbing Repair
- Women in Non-Traditional Trades
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Builder Mart – Home Builders Association of Maryland
- Job Corps – Ft. Meade, MD
- Baltimore County Senior Centers (various locations)
- Habitat for Humanity
- Long and Foster’s Women in Business Series
- Baltimore Business Journal’ Enterprising Women Event (panel member)
- Professional Women in Building
What audiences have to say about Jo Ellen’s talks and teaching:
Jo Ellen engaged the girls in our audience in ways that showed they could be successful in a non-traditional career. She was a great addition to our panel of successful business owners.
– representative from Job Corps
Jo Ellen gave hands-on lessons that let me learn how to fix my faucet instead of just showing me how to do the work, now I can do it myself.
– student at Anne Arundel Community College student
Jo Ellen is fun and informative. I would highly recommend her and her services.
– audience member
Talk with Jo Ellen about your next event, class or workshop. Just fill out the following form and we’ll be in touch with you within 48 hours: